Monday, October 6, 2014

One Pot Soup Wonder


I love soups! I love soups so much that I could eat them every day, every season. Soups are just so easy to make! You can make large amounts and freeze it, you can use pretty much anything in your pantry and they are fun to make. I’ve made my fair share of soups and let me tell you; it’s always a learning curve. I love to experiment with different ingredients and even if I sometimes put the wrong thing in, I juts balance it out with other ingredients or blend it in the end. It’s my little fix it trick. Everything is always better once blended and it’s a perfect way of trying to hide veggies from children or some grown adults. You can never go wrong with a hot, healthy soup on any given day. Your body will definitely thank you for it.

I’ve just been very sick for a week and after coming home after work I was extremely tired and just craving a soup. I had some left over veggies from another recipe and I pulled out some chicken to give it a bit of substance. I also wanted to use these deep fried noodles for a while now and never got an opportunity to use them. I bought them on instinct because they looked interesting and I haven’t used them before.
 
 
 
Boy, was I surprised how well they suited my soup. This soup sure turned out to be great and with an excellent flavour hit that makes you smile when that spoon hits your lips. I call it my One Pot Wonder soup. Reason why I say that is because everything goes into one pot and Voila, done! And best part of all, it all took only 30minutes to make!

One Pot soup wonder


Prep: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Serves: 4


INGREDIENTS:

1 ltr vegetable stock
1.5 cup water
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 carrot, thinly sliced
100 g green beans, halved, edges trimmed
2 pieces chicken thigh fillet or 270 g, fat trimmed, cut into 2 cm pieces
150 g flat cap mushrooms, sliced
150 g green prawns, peeled and cleaned
2 cakes of deep fried noodles

METHOD
1. Put stock and water on the cooktop on high.
2. Mix together soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, sugar and rice wine vinegar. Pour into the pot.
3. While you wait for the stock to come to boil, cut up your carrot thinly 1st, place in the pot. Then cut up the rest of the vegetables and chicken and place it all in the pot, except the prawn.
4. Turn down the heat to medium and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the prawns and 2 noodle cakes and simmer for further 5 minutes.


Serve up and enjoy :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment